By David Sheppard and Jonathan Stempel
U.S. regulators claimed their first victory in a four-year old effort to
crack down on oil market manipulation on Thursday, announcing a $14 million
By David Sheppard
U.S. President Barack Obama's bid to dampen the influence of oil
speculators by having regulators set trading margins could backfire,
potentially making prices even more volatile and leaving...
By Meera Louis
Jobs Data Simultaneous Release Jeopardized Under Curbs
The U.S. Department of Labor said it can't promise journalists they will be
able to transmit market-sensitive economic releases at exactly the...
By Tom Polansek
* CME executives meet with Eurodollar options traders
* Independent traders boycotted open outcry pit on Friday
* No changes made to rules on "block trades"
CHICAGO, April 16 (Reuters) -...
By DAVID ROEDER
An old Steve Goodman folk song about the fast, bewildering pace of modern
life had the line, "Everybody's waiting for something to happen. Tell me if
THE CFTC HIGH FREQUENCY POLICE AND THE GO TO GUYS FOR ANSWERS
· Irene Aldridge of ABLE Alpha Trading, Ltd., HFT She wrote a book on it. Easy READ http://www.ablealpha.com/aa/
· Peter Buckley of Newedge USA, He is running this show: Newedge Plans High Frequency-Powered Move Into Securities Clearing
· Sean Castette of GETCO, ENOUGH SAID
· Colin Clark of NYSE Euronext, Colin Clark is Senior Vice President of the Strategic Analysis & Market Data group in the U.S. Cash Markets division at NYSE Euronext.
· Christopher Concannon of Virtu Financial, LLC Virtu Financial LLC is an automated market making firm that employs advanced proprietary technologies to trade on electronically accessib
· Edward Dasso of the National Futures Association Dasso previously served as the Manager of Market Regulation for the InterContinental Exchange. He also previously spent several years at NFA as the Managing Director of Trade Practice and Market Surveillance.
· Keith Fishe of TradeForecaster Global Markets Former DRW...NOW WORKS WITH DAVID WESTCOTT http://www.tradeforecaster.com/bios_fishe.html
· Joel Hasbrouck of the New York University Stern School of Business, ACADEMIC...LOTS OF WHITE PAPERS ON HFT
· Robert Hegarty of Thomson Reuters Rob Hegarty is Managing Director, Global Head of Market Structure for Thomson Reuters. He focuses on the increasingly changing regulatory environment th
· Terrence Hendershott of University of California Berkeley Academic Lots of white papers top.
· Chris Isaacson of BATS Global Markets, Chris Isaacson is a founding employee and was promoted to chief operating officer at BATS Global Markets
· Paul Kepes of Chicago Trading Company, Mr. Kepes is a senior partner and managing director of Chicago Trading Company (CTC). Founded in 1995, CTC is a leading proprietary derivatives trading firm active in various options
· Jordan Lea of the American Cotton Shippers Association DOESNT SEEM TO LIKE IT
· Chris Lorenzen of Eagle Seven Holdings LIKES TO BE UNDER RADAR...with good reason....
· Michael Mendelson of AQR Capital Management, Prior to joining AQR, Michael worked at Goldman Sachs where he was Managing Director and Head of Quantitative Trading.
· Jim Northey of FIX Protocol Ltd., FIX Protocol Limited (FPL) is the global, non-profit organisation at the heart of the electronic trading community
· Dean Payton of CME Group, Someone that needs to come out of many closets
· Peter Reiss of DE Shaw & Company,
· Joseph Saluzzi of Themis Trading, LLC http://blog.themistrading.com/ Our only HOPE
· Tim Sargent of Markit, HFT FIRM
· Larry Tabb of Tabb Group, Larry Tabb is the founder and CEO of TABB Group, the financial markets' research and strategic advisory firm f
· Jitesh Thakkar of Edge Financial Technologies, FOUNDER And Trading Software Architect, Edge Financial Technologies
· Mark Wassersug of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE), http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/29/us-ice-highfrequency-idUSTRE81S1LZ20120229