- Update on Previously Announced Revisions to Settlement Procedures
- From Internet  |  @03-07-12
- For CBOT Agricultural Futures and CME Livestock Futures
On December 12, 2011, CME Group issued Special Executive Report S-6048 advising the marketplace of planned changes to the settlement procedures in CBOT agricultural futures and CME livestock futures which would incorporate both Floor-based activity and Globex-based activity into settlement determinations. The Special ...
- The Reign of Robots May Be Closer Than You Think: Mark Buchanan
- By Mark Buchanan,  |  @03-07-12
The futurist Ray Kurzweil has famously predicted that humanity is approaching a "singularity," a fateful moment when our technology becomes smarter than us and able to learn faster than we can, when it becomes the principal creator of new technologies and machines race far ahead of us. Humans ...
- Speculating on the iPad event: Not for the faint of heart
- By Philip Elmer-DeWitt  |  @03-07-12
Trying to make a quick buck on Apple in a market this uncertain may be a fool's game
There's a lesson for the unwary investor in the chart at right, posted Monday by Paul Santos on Seeking Alpha. It shows what he calls a mid-morning "flash crash" in Apple ...
- Welcome To Sub-Nanosecond Markets
- By Tyler Durden,  |  @03-07-12
Just as market regulators were finally getting wise to the fact that they have no clue how modern market works, what modern market topology is, or how High Frequency Trading impacts the stock market (think Flash Crash), here comes Certichron, the supplier of a time service center at ...
- What to do about orderflow information?
- By Stuart Baden Powell,  |  @03-06-12
High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to buy additional rights.
The debate over the ability of information from orderflow ...
- Reuters Exclusive: Wall Street's biggest banks ...
- From Internet  |  @03-05-12
- Reuters Exclusive: Wall Street's biggest banks are locked in an increasingly frantic struggle with the Federal Reserve over the right to retain the jewels of their commodity trading empires: warehouses, storage tanks and other hard assets worth billions of dollars.
While the battle over proprietary trading and new derivatives regulations ...
- What to do about order-flow information?
- By Stuart Baden Powell  |  @03-04-12
The debate over the ability of information from orderflow (buy and sell trades) to forecast the future direction of stocks was recently enhanced through references to an academic study that discovered an "orderflow" portfolio was able to "enjoy superior risk and return properties relative to the traditional ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->