- Investment niche expands in agricultural commods
- By Carey Gillam  |  @03-16-12
March 9 - Wall Street has found its place on the farm.
Prospects for profits tied to increasing food production are driving a proliferation of new niche investment vehicles focused on agriculture.
Agricultural commodities exchange traded funds (ETF) are on the rise, with 11 new funds added last year alone.
- Will MF Global haunt CME in 2012?
- by Elizabeth Dexheimer,  |  @03-16-12
It's been four months since MF Global Holdings Ltd. filed for bankruptcy, but how long will the fallout continue to impact CME Group Inc.?
It's still too soon to tell, according to some industry experts.
CME Group, which operates the world's largest futures markets, was the primary self-regulator for ...
- Commdities agriculture funds
- By Reuters,  |  @03-16-12
Commodities agriculture funds
Commodities Agriculture ETFs garner interest for niche play on food productions.
Commodities agricultures funds avg total returns -$ bin
Month-end assets under management - $ bin
Number of commodities agriculture funds
Look at charts below for more details.
From Dec, 2009 to Jan, 2012
Almost six years; the source is from Lipper
- ISE Options Exchange May Open New Venue With Trading Floor
- By Nina Mehta,  |  @03-15-12
The International Securities Exchange may introduce a second platform for U.S. equity options, opening what may be the nation's 10th venue for the contracts, according to Chief Executive Officer Gary Katz.
Should the New York-based market start a second venue, it may have a trading floor, Katz said during ...
- "The Changeling"
- From Internet  |  @03-15-12
- Opening Remarks at the Futures Industry Association's Panel on the Evolution of Commodity Markets, Boca Raton, Florida
Commissioner Bart Chilton
Good afternoon. There is no denying it; we don't live in simple times. Most of us live extremely, exceedingly complicated lives with emerging personal and business technologies. Technology has made us more ...
- Hong Kong Exchanges CEO: Slow Build For High-Frequency Trade
- From Internet  |  @03-14-12
- Dow Jones Newswires,
BOCA RATON, Fla. -(Dow Jones)- Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. (0388.HK) is not rushing to open its markets to high-frequency trading firms, despite their power to drive turnover in stocks and derivatives, according to the company's chief executive.
Rapid-fire electronic trading strategies "ultimately will come" to Hong Kong's ...
- Falling Off the Commodity Supercycle
- By LIAM DENNING,  |  @03-13-12
Discussion of the supposed commodity "supercycle" tends to focus more on the "super" and less on the "cycle." But all true cycles eventually head down. This one could turn in 2014.
The current commodity supercycle can be dated to 1999. The major commodity indexes all hit their lows for ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->