- CME Oil Trading Halted Due to Technical Glitch
- By DAN STRUMPF and JERRY A. DICOLO  |  @05-22-12
A technical glitch shut down CME Group Inc.'s electronic oil-trading platform for more than an hour Monday, throwing the market into disarray and sending traders to place bets on the New York Mercantile Exchange floor.
The shutdown shortly after 2 p.m. EST halted electronic trading ...
- Bart Chilton: Rock Fan, Finance Regulator
- BY Jacob Goldstein  |  @05-22-12
When Bart Chilton was 13, he played piano in a band called Shades. The band members always wore sunglasses. They played mostly in Chilton's living room.
Today, Chilton says, he plays a little piano, a little guitar and a little harp, by which he means harmonica. He has a ...
- Algorithmic Arms Race
- From Internet  |  @05-22-12
- (Reuters) - It's the day after Cambridge physicist Stephen Hawking's 70th birthday party and David Harding, the head of one of the most successful hedge funds in the world, is bubbling with talk of black holes.
Given the financial crisis of the last few years, some might see that as an ...
- Let's debate HFT, dark pools and market integrity
- BY Per Loven  |  @05-21-12
The past five years have seen the transformation of the equity markets, driven primarily by globalisation, technological innovation and supportive regulatory regimes around the world.
In practical terms this has meant increased competition, greater cross-border capital flows and tighter spreads. On the surface this change appears to be good ...
- Grexit Strategists: how algorithms could make or break the euro
- BY Simon English  |  @05-21-12
Complex trading algorithms could predict - or even cause - a eurozone meltdown. Simon English reports
Pour yourself a gin and tonic. Easy on the tonic. Wrap an ice cold towel around your head. Try to relax.
That's the advice of a stock market professional of four decades' standing in ...
- CORRECTED-Facebook IPO averts 'odd lot' question
- From Internet  |  @05-21-12
- * High-priced stock boosts trading in lots of 99 shares or less
* Surge in odd lot trading raises price discovery issues
* Odd lots make up 1/4 of trades, a sampling shows
* Odd lots hinder hedging; mini-options in proposal stage
By Herbert Lash
NEW YORK, May 18 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc's modest debut ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->