- CFTC nears comment period on high-frequency trading
- From Internet  |  @06-12-12
- * CFTC commissioner hosts meeting of traders in Chicago
* Chilton favors registering high-frequency traders
* Public comment period set to start soon
By Tom Polansek
CHICAGO, June 11 (Reuters) - The Commodity Futures Trading Commission will soon start a public comment period on how it can better supervise high-frequency and automated trading systems, ...
- Confronting High-Frequency Trading: David vs. Goliath's Evil Twin
- BY Dave Lauer  |  @06-12-12
In my first blog post, I discussed the skewed incentives, unfair playing field, and dangerous consequences of high-frequency trading (HFT). Is it any wonder that you could apply the same adjectives to the financial services industry in general? HFT is a destructive force in the markets: It increases ...
- Senator urges Obama to replace commodities chief
- By Alexandra Alper   |  @06-07-12
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A senator called on President Barack Obama on Monday to replace the chairman of the chief derivatives regulatory agency with an official who will crack down more quickly on speculation in oil and other commodities markets.
In a sharply worded letter, Sen. Bernie Sanders, ...
- Newsom on the Market Paradigm Shift?
- From Internet  |  @06-05-12
- Darin Newsom DTN Senior Analyst
It was late in the fall, 2003, and I was having lunch with DTN's Urban Lehner for the first time at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Topeka, Kan. This was my initial meeting with Urban, my job interview for the position of Grains Analyst, and Urban's ...