- Frankenstein Takes Over the Market
- By JOE NOCERA  |  @08-06-12
This week, yet another Wall Street firm most people have never heard of, relying on a computerized trading program that they can't possibly understand, shook investors' faith in the market. This is happening a little too frequently, don't you think?
The company, of course, was Knight Capital, a major ...
- Options Trading in the Pits is on the Way Out and the CFTC Makes no Comment
- by Fred Oltarsh  |  @08-02-12
While commodities regulators testified in front of congress, the Intercontinental Exchange announced the closing of floor trading for all options contracts effective with the close of trading on October 19th. At first view, the elimination of combined floor and electronic trading may not seem important. Trading volume ...
- Knight Unhorsed
- By Matt Levine  |  @08-02-12
Yesterday I and others pointed out that, while UBS was not alone in getting screwed by Nasdaq failures on Facebook, it was alone in losing 10x as much as other, more competent market makers like Knight Capital, and ha ha ha. This apparently had a ...
- Commodity Confidence
- By Craig L. Israelsen  |  @08-02-12
Without heavy volatility or high correlation, a broad-basket commodity fund can boost a balanced portfolio.
Commodities have long been stereotyped as an exceptionally volatile investment, but in the past five years at least, this has not been true of all of the mutual funds and ETFs that are ...
- Bill Gross: Stocks Are a 'Dying' Asset
- By Elizabeth O'Brien  |  @08-02-12
You gotta hand it to Bill Gross. The legendary bond investor has a net worth estimated in the billions, an ocean-side office in Newport Beach, Calif., and a reported devotion to yoga. But despite those seemingly sunny, serene circumstances, Gross maintains one of the more glum outlooks among ...
- REFILE-Commodity niches lure as markets converge
- From Internet  |  @08-02-12
- * Main commodity indices increasingly track other markets
* Investors seeking diversification look at sub-sectors
* Niche areas more isolated from marco events
* Real assets, OTC energy products, agriculture targeted
By Eric Onstad
LONDON, July 31 (Reuters) - As commodity indices increasingly track other markets, investors are targeting niches including timber and other real ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->