Jesse Neider for The Wall Street Journal
Haim Bodek told the SEC what he ...
- Hudson River revenues soar in Europe
- By Tim Cave  |  @09-11-12
Revenues at the European arm of Hudson River Trading, a US high-frequency trading firm, more than doubled in 2011, a year in which these specialist trading groups capitalised on the extreme market volatility to book bumper profits.
Hudson River Trading Europe Ltd reported a 153% increase in its revenues ...
- Searching for a Speed Limit in High-Frequency Trading
- By NATHANIEL POPPER  |  @09-10-12
TICKER tape: it's an enduring image of Wall Street. The paper is gone but the digital tape runs on, across computer and television screens. Those stock quotations scurrying by on CNBC are, for many, the pulse of American capitalism.
But Sal L. Arnuk doesn't really believe in the tape ...
- August slowdown squeezes profits at exchanges, brokers
- From Internet  |  @08-31-12
- NEW YORK (Reuters) - Low volatility and weakened investor confidence have contributed to a steep drop in equity trading volumes in August that is likely to weigh on the profits of U.S. exchanges and retail brokerages.
The "severe" August slowdown led Sandler O'Neill analyst Richard Repetto to cut his forecasts for ...
- G20 points to 'worrying' food prices
- From Internet  |  @08-29-12
- Financial Times
By Javier Blas in London
The G20 on Tuesday said the current situation of spiralling corn and soyabean markets and rising wheat prices was "worrying" but held off from calling an emergency meeting to discuss recent price surges, giving time for Washington to update its crop forecasts.
Agriculture officials from France, ...
- High-Frequency Traders Flat-Out Buying Data Ahead of You
- By Geoffrey Rogow  |  @08-29-12
When the Institute for Supply Management releases its index of manufacturing activity next week, the headlines from the report will flash to traders at what their eyes tell them is 10:00 am. But unless they are subscribers to a new low-latency feed provided by Thomson Reuters, they'll actually ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
- Libor‘s Trillion-Dollar Question
- From Internet  |  @08-28-12
- The global investigation into the manipulation of Libor has so far done a good job of exposing how bankers corrupted one of the world's most important financial indicators. Now authorities need to take a giant step further: Make banks release the data needed to determine how much damage was done ...
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our