More News ...
- Ranchers Dismiss CME Protection Fund as Chickenfeed to Cattlemen
- By Elizabeth Campbell  |  @02-10-12
Pete Bonds, a 59-year-old Texas rancher, doffed his cowboy hat and stepped to the microphone. He wanted to tell an executive from CME Group Inc. (CME), owner of the world's largest futures market, what he thought of the $100 million fund set up to help protect ranchers and ...
- CME CEO bearish on exchange mega-mergers
- From Internet  |  @02-10-12
- (Reuters) — Don't expect a new round of mega-mergers to sweep the global exchange industry, the chief executive officer of the biggest U.S. futures exchange operator said on Thursday.
While merging exchanges to create "national champions" will likely continue to be successful, "very complex, cross-border deals - probably much less so," ...
- EU policymakers question new OTC trading system
- By Jeremy Grant  |  @02-10-12
European policymakers have cast a cloud over the growth of voice-brokered deals in over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives markets after questioning the wisdom of the creation of a new category of trading system where such dealing methods could survive for years to come.
Regulators want to shift OTC derivatives away from ...
- Brazil eyes expansion in OTC trades
- By Jeremy Grant from Finanical Times  |  @02-10-12
Brazil's main exchange operator, BM&FBovespa, has signalled ambitions to expand into the over-the-counter derivatives business with plans to develop a platform for storing electronic records of OTC trades.
The move comes as G20 economies outside the US and Europe are muscling in on opportunities thrown up ...
- High-Frequency Trading Declines in Canada
- By Justin Grant  |  @02-10-12
Venues that were known for being dominated by high-frequency trading have seen a significant drop-off in the number of orders they handle, according to a report by agency broker Investment Technology Group Inc.
High-frequency trading appears to be on the decline in Canada, with the number rapid-fire orders falling ...
- MB Trading to charge for High Frequency Message Fee
- by Michael Greenberg  |  @02-10-12
This was just sent to MB Trading clients. The fee actually makes sense as what they describe here is a 'toxic' retail trading flow where traders (especially high-frequency and users of EAs) are sending myriads of orders which clutter the feed and prevent normal run of business. To ...
- High-Frequency Trading on LME May Advance to 20%, Marex Says
- By Maria Kolesnikova  |  @02-10-12
High-frequency trading in metals may rise to as much as 20 percent of the volume on the London Metal Exchange in a couple years, Marex Spectron Group said.
High-frequency trading accounts for less than 5 percent of the volume on the LME and higher volumes on the Comex in ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our