More News ...
- Obama oil margin plan could increase price swings
- By David Sheppard  |  @04-20-12
U.S. President Barack Obama's bid to dampen the influence of oil speculators by having regulators set trading margins could backfire, potentially making prices even more volatile and leaving crude dominated only by those with the deepest pockets.
Under Obama's request to Congress, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) would ...
- Is Speed Trader Mark Gorton Killing Wall Street?
- By D.M. Levine  |  @04-19-12
Mark Gorton is sitting in the Zen garden on the roof of his office in downtown Manhattan, squinting into the sunlight and telling me he's not evil.
"If you listen to some of the rhetoric in the press recently, you'd think we were killing babies," Gorton says, in between ...
- HFT set to start on European government bonds
- By Philip Stafford in London and Telis Demos in New York  |  @04-19-12
High-speed trading is set to expand into the European government bond trading market after MTS, the region's dominant trading venue for the securities, agreed a deal with Fixnetix, a UK trading technology company.
The accord will allow customers of Fixnetix, which ...
- Asia not the HFT haven people think
- From Internet  |  @04-19-12
- Jan 3 2012 Asia is no stranger to high-frequency trading but Steve Edge, principal of Asiaetrading.com, a market structures, news and commentary portal, says transaction costs are still too high to attract the kind of HFT activity levels that we've seen in the US and Europe. He outlines to ...
- Leo Melamed defends CME Eurodollar rules
- From Internet  |  @04-18-12
- Leo Melamed, former chairman of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, said on Tuesday that large, privately negotiated trades that sparked a protest in CME Group's Eurodollar options are critical to the market.
Melamed, who founded financial futures, told reporters at a derivatives conference that the large trades could not effectively be completed ...
- Government Tries to Curb hft by restricting computers that transmit information
- By Meera Louis  |  @04-18-12
Jobs Data Simultaneous Release Jeopardized Under Curbs
The U.S. Department of Labor said it can't promise journalists they will be able to transmit market-sensitive economic releases at exactly the same time under changes resulting from the first review of procedures in a decade.
The agency ordered media organizations to remove ...
- Market-Roiling Trade Likely Not 'Fat-Finger' Error
- By JACOB BUNGE  |  @04-18-12
A big asset manager pushed through a large sale of Treasury futures early Wednesday and followed it up with subsequent trades that roiled currency and metals markets, according to traders.
Early speculation that the trading was a so-called fat-finger error has largely been debunked, but traders saw signals that ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our