More News ...
- 21 hour trading-what it means to producers
- BY Michael Donlon  |  @06-05-12
So much for a good nights sleep. The CME Group has decided to match its competition and go with a longer trading day. Soybeans, corn, rice and wheat futures are now trading electronically from 5 p.m. to 2 p.m. the next afternoon. The change means ag markets will ...
- Floor Traders Upset Over CME Group's Changes
- BY Gino Vicci  |  @06-05-12
Amid pressure from the nation's largest grain association and "significant feedback," the CME Group Inc. backed off a proposed plan to extend trading hours in grain futures and options, but only by one hour. The amendment, which still has to be approved by the
- High-Frequency Traders' Sights Set on Microwave Dishes
- From Internet  |  @06-04-12
- Trading firms are racing to build groups of microwave dishes to generate higher-speed links between financial markets in Chicago and NY, as reported by The Wall Street Journal. A majority of telecom traffic will have to travel between these regions, and the cellphone towers that run along the roads and ...
- CFTC commissioner Chilton calls for HFT regulation
- BY Elan Mendel  |  @05-30-12
While regulatory flashpoints such as capital requirements and proprietary trading receive more attention from the media, one CFTC commissioner is trying to raise awareness of a trading method he says could cause major problems if it continues to fly under the regulatory radar.
Commissioner Chilton has long been a ...
- After Facebook, More Fear of Stock Market
- By NATHANIEL POPPER  |  @05-29-12
The excitement surrounding Facebook's initial public offering was enough for Alex Tsesis, a law professor, to give the stock market one more try. But after the company's stock encountered technical problems then sputtered for three days, he sold his few hundred shares for a $2,200 loss and vowed ...
- On the Hunt for Flash-Crashing Cheetahs
- By JIM MCTAGUE  |  @05-29-12
Commissioner Bart Chilton of the CFTC thinks his fellow regulators aren't diligent enough in confronting the risks of high-speed trading.
Bart Chilton can hardly claim to be a voice crying in the wilderness, yet he has every reason to feel like one.
Since the Flash Crash of May 6, ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our