More News ...
- CBOT membership prices jump 22% in June
- From Internet  |  @07-10-12
- Increase comes as traders fear end of grain floor
A cadre of largely electronic traders are bidding up seats on the Chicago Board of Trade, even as trading floor veterans fear that new exchange rules threaten their ability to make a living in the famed pits.
Hedge funds and trading firms from ...
- S&P Dow Jones Indices launched
- From Internet  |  @07-10-12
- Financial information company McGraw-Hill Companies and derivatives marketplace CME Group launched the S&P Dow Jones Indices. S&P Dow Jones Indices calculates over 830,000 indices, publishes benchmarks that provide the basis for 575 ETFs globally with US$387 billion in assets invested, and serves as the DNA for US$1.5 trillion of ...
- Libor rigging scandal: FSA warned Barclays about Bob Diamond and senior management
- By Harry Wilson, Banking correspondent  |  @07-10-12
The Barclays board was warned less than six months ago that the relationship between the bank's senior management and the Financial Services Authority had "broken down".
Andrew Tyrie, chairman of the Treasury Select Committee, on Wednesday revealed that senior figures at the regulator told Barclays' board ...
- Barclays is branded a 'rotten, thieving bank' by MP John Mann
- By Louise Armitstead  |  @07-10-12
Just when the Committee was getting bogged down in detail, John Mann, Labour MP for Bassetlaw, cut to the quick. “Can you remind me the three founding principles of the Quakers who founded Barclays?” he asked Bob Diamond.
As the deposed bank boss sat stoney-faced, Mann continued: "Honesty. ...
- Floor traders feel swept aside
- By Lynne Marek  |  @07-05-12
Chicago's floor traders, exemplars of a swashbuckling, commodity-based capitalism that has thrived here for more than 160 years, are fearful that their days are numbered-and that their own company is delivering the death blow.
CME Group Inc., which operates exchanges, has implemented a series of changes this year in ...
- High-Frequency Trading Machines Favored Over Humans by CME Group, Lawsuit Claims
- From Internet  |  @06-28-12
- D.M Levine
A small band of humans is fighting what it warns is the rise of the machines in financial markets.
A group of two dozen brokers and traders has sued CME Group, the owner of major commodities exchanges in New York and Chicago, arguing that a new rule that took effect ...
- Is the Stock Market Rigged? (Excerpt)
- By Scott Patterson  |  @06-28-12
Is the stock market rigged?
It's a question you might expect from a wild-eyed conspiracy theorist or a down-and-out day trader with the DTs convinced computer-wielding aliens have implanted secret servers on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
But what if it came from one of the pioneers ...
<-Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next->
Please sign the petition or write a letter, support our cause
and get letters from traders and customers to strengthen our